Tuesday 24 July 2012

2012 Thank You Totes

I have been making these totes as thank you presents for three years now for my children's class teachers.  This year I went with the following measurements:
Front:
 w: 49cm x h:22cm for the top rectangle.
w: cm x h: 30cm for the two outer bottom rectangles
w:13cm x h: 30cm for the bottom middle rectangle

Back was w:49cm x h:52cm
1.5cm seams throughout 

You can see the front on the picture below:


  I also made some inside pockets.  One was a flat one and the other was a stand out one, I used directions from Lisa Lam's "Bag Making Bible" book.  They were all fully lined.


I went with three colour ways (the teacher's favourite colours) and my children embroidered the hearts.




I hope you like them as much as the teacher's did.  I think these make a great present, and tend to be much appreciated by the receiver.