Wednesday 17 September 2008

house pillow

After I have seen house pillows all over the place (here and here) I decided to make one for myself.
I also challenged myself to do it in under an hour (failed on that count - sewing machine was jamming alot)
Anyway, it was all done on the hoof, and this is what I did:

Cut out the following: 2 triangles for the roof and 2 rectangles for the house and 4 windows and a door.
I pinned the windows and door onto a rectangle and sewed with a zigzag stitch (I didn't bother hemming, only time will tell if that was a rash mistake).



Then with right sides together I sewed on the roof to the house:

Then I placed both bits of fabric right sides together. I sewed all around the edges, leaving a gap for the stuffing.


Turn the right was round. (Realise door is too small, and make a new door which is taller and sew over old door - you can miss this stage out! and get it right the first time!)


Stuff. (I used toy stuffing)


Sew bottom edge, you could blind hem it, but I was being lazy and ran it through my sewing machine.
Give to youngest child, when eldest child snatches it, goes and gets a normal pillow so they can have a pillow fight!!!

Oh yeah, aren't I meant to be knitting blanket?!!!

1 comment:

Christy Amular said...

I love this tutorial!