It may have appeared that i have fallen off the planet, but I've just been busy studying, working and raising a family. In the summer break I have lined up a load of projects to tackle.
The Hawthorn dress by Colette Patterns has queue jumped all the way to the top. I am going to tackle version 3 (sleeveless shirt dress) in this bird print fabric which I found of ebay here.
It is described as a cotton lawn, I am waiting for it to arrive. To make it even more exciting there is a sew along on the Coletterie blog. I will definitely be following that step by step. Here's the schedule:
- June 26 – Buying fabric and making your muslin
- July 1 – Full and Small bust adjustments
- July 3 – Wide or narrow shoulder adjustments
- July 5 – Fitting the cuffs (a quick and easy adjustment)
- July 8 – Interfacing, Staystitching, Darts, and Shoulders
- July 10 – Collar, Facings, and Side Seams
- July 12 – Attaching the skirt or peplum
- July 15 – Version 1, short sleeve
- July 17 – Version 2, 3/4 length sleeve
- July 19 – Version 3, Armhole
- July 22 – Buttons, Hem, and Finishing
- July 29 – Hawthorn Parade: Vote for your favorites!