Thursday 4 September 2008

Project #2 - Pincushion Loveliness!

This is the gorgeous pincushion design in the book.

I have added a covered button to one side. Yet again, the pattern was well written and easy to follow. The patterns are very wordy in the book, and at first glance can look daunting, but just follow them, step by step, and you will end up with a beautiful item.

I now wish that I own a fabric store so I can "help" myself to different fabrics to make these things!!!

I think I will make one with more contrasting colours next time. This pincushion is very pink!

The covered button, I made by cutting out the material larger than the button, then I sewed a running stitch all the way round, pulled the thread, and gathered the material in. I then popped the button into that, pulled the material tight down, and pushed on the "lid" bit. That makes it sound easy and simple, but it was fiddly and faffy!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

These are just great...well done!

MrsB said...

I love the pin cushions, the fabric is so lovely!

craftyclaire said...

thank you everyone for your great comments. I'm thinking I might make a few as xmas pressies.