Wednesday 14 May 2008

Stand Up and Be Counted!

Well I never intended my blog to be political, but quite frankly I've had enough, and it seems to me so have all my friends.

Why are we all paying around 25% more for food/ fuel/ utilities when ALL of these companies are reporting massive rises in profits.

Just today Sainsburys (large supermarket chain) reported a 28% rise in profits over the last year. Funny how my shopping bill has been going up at a similar rate. This is a SCANDAL. It questions whether these supermarkets are squeezing their suppliers tighter for cheaper prices, and clearly they are charging customers more. My salary certainly hasn't gone up by 25% nor has anyone else's that I know.

Is it time for consumers to make some kind of protest? Why can I buy organic eggs from a local farm for less than I pay at any of the supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys).

Also FUEL amazing how BP and Shell also reported huge rises in profits, yet petrol is £1.09p at a cheap! petrol station. There were near riots when it went to £0.80!!!

Why are we all sitting back and taking this.

While I'm on this WHY is the British tax payer bailing out thieveing greedy banks, who gave loans to people on benefits who obviously would never be able to pay back their mortgages. Why are we sorting out THEIR dreadful business decisions? It's all GREED GREED GREED.

Anyway, if you can think of a way to protest, and get these greedy businesses to cut their prices, cut their profits let's do it!!! Just give me your ideas.

I promise next time I'll be back talking about knitting, sewing, baking!!!!

Happy 100th post to me!!!!! I was going to do a giveaway, but I haven't made anything to give away!!!

No comments: