Saturday 15 April 2017

Ultimate Sewing

I have recently come around to Sew Over Its patterns. Initially I found them not to my taste, a bit retro, but seeing so many of them made up in blogworld, I changed my mind.



I bought the Ultimate Shift Dress from Fabric Godmother at their last open day and soon knocked up a muslin / toile.

I needed to lower the bust darts (I followed a tutorial by Cashmerette). And then I cut out my dress fabric, a Javanaise viscose from Abakhan fabrics £7per m and sewed it up. I went for the 3/4 length sleeve so it's wearable now. It's such a light fabric that it'll be very nice in the warmer weather too.





I have to say that I'm really happy with the dress. It's very comfy. I wore it with navy leggings and a pink cardigan.

3 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Hi seems to be a problem with the photos cheers Ruth

Dreams Explanation said...

nice post thanks for update

blossom accountants said...

nice post thanks for update