Wednesday 2 November 2011

on the sewing table

It's been a long time since I've done any sewing, not because I don't want to, but time pressures have placed restrictions on me.

I've bought a few patterns lately, which I need to buy fabric for. And one by one, I hope to make them over the coming months.

Firstly from the wonderfully written and designed Colette Patterns the cinnamon nightdress. I had hoped to make a summer sundress in a light cotton fabric, but now summer has gone maybe it'll be a heavier weight slinky satin/silk?


And hot off the presses the new Jasmine top. This is probably what I will make first. I just need to decide on some suitable fabric. I love the two tone one she has on her website. But it also looks great in one fabric too.


I haven't really made my children any clothing (apart from a shirt from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing). But Oliver & S get great reviews, so I have purchased the Sandbox Pants to make for my younger son. If I can, I'll adjust them to make some for my eldest, who is a very tall 8.5 year old.

Finally, I was inspired by watching Gertie's Sew Retro class to make this dress. It's a Laura Ashley dress for McCalls M6350. You cannot buy this pattern in the UK (outrage!) so I had to buy it on-line from an eBay seller.

As you can see, lots of variety. I think the boy's trousers and the blouse have the biggest chance of being made any time soon! We shall see.

What have you got on your sewing table?

No comments: