Sunday 14 October 2007

Charming Handbag


I made this handbag from Amy Karol's "Bend the Rules Sewing" book yesterday, and I'm pleased with the result. The only thing was she did not give measurements for the straps or the casing, and the instructions could have been clearer, ie which order to place all the fabric, so it took me a while to figure it all out, but luckily it all worked out.


I have also been making scented heart shaped pouches (filled with a very pungent lavendar) for a market that I'm doing on the 27th October. I have so much still to make. This is my first time doing something like this, so I don't know how much stock I'll need. I plan on making my stall looking bright and attractive, it's certainly going to smell nice!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the things you make, you inspire me well done

craftyclaire said...

Thank you v much, that is really kind of you. I'm glad people are starting to find my blog!

MrsB said...

Wow, what a beautiful bag, it's lovely, you should set up a online shop and start selling your stuff! How is going making all your things for your stall?