Wednesday, 3 October 2007

Smocket

Today I made the Child's Smock or Smocket (as it has a pocket) from The Mayfly's Pattern. I was really pleased with how it came out, I used a plain linen fabric for the front, with a pocket made out of corduroy, in a heart shape, and a pink lining fabric. It as incredibly quick to make as well. My only comment is to maybe make the ties just a few centimentres longer, but as I haven't tried it out on my niece yet, I can't be sure if that really is needed. I am pleased anyway, and I am going to do a larger one for her older sister, who is nearly 4.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela-Brambleberries said...

Claire, the smock looks great. I would love to make one for my little squigle but i'm not that confident with my sewing yet, give me a paintbrush any day!!!

Alicia A. said...

There it is! It's adorable! LOVE the heart pocket.

craftyclaire said...

Thank you very much, if it wasn't for you I'd never have made it. I do absolutely love it. Again, a brilliant pattern and very easy to sew up.