Wednesday 3 October 2007

Smocket

Today I made the Child's Smock or Smocket (as it has a pocket) from The Mayfly's Pattern. I was really pleased with how it came out, I used a plain linen fabric for the front, with a pocket made out of corduroy, in a heart shape, and a pink lining fabric. It as incredibly quick to make as well. My only comment is to maybe make the ties just a few centimentres longer, but as I haven't tried it out on my niece yet, I can't be sure if that really is needed. I am pleased anyway, and I am going to do a larger one for her older sister, who is nearly 4.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Claire, the smock looks great. I would love to make one for my little squigle but i'm not that confident with my sewing yet, give me a paintbrush any day!!!

Anonymous said...

There it is! It's adorable! LOVE the heart pocket.

craftyclaire said...

Thank you very much, if it wasn't for you I'd never have made it. I do absolutely love it. Again, a brilliant pattern and very easy to sew up.