Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Birthday Bunting

Last night I knuckled down and sewed for c2 hours to get the bunting finished. I followed these instructions, which were excellent.

The only thing I didn't do was pin the triangles to the binding. Instead I laid my triangles down on the carpet and put them in the order that I wanted them to go up. I had 2 defining triangles, the stars and the gingham and they were alternating for every 4th triangle. The three triangles in between the star and gingham were "random". I tried my best to not get too many of the same fabrics by each other!

I did 6m of binding, which took c28 triangles (8" equilateral) I definitely need more binding if I want to have it all around the lounge but I don't think I have the time (or inclination at the moment!!)

I have the birthday cake all planned out. Pictures next week, as long as it goes well!!!

1 comment:

bakeandsew said...

Look forward to seeing what the bunting looks like - i love bunting. Hope the party goes well