Tuesday 19 May 2009

I'll have one of everything, please!

This is the I'll Have One Of Everything Bag from Anna Maria Horner's Seams to Me book.



I have to say I spent so long picking the fabric, buying in another quarter length or so, to make i it work, I didn't think I'd get there!

I have used Amy Butler's Midwest Modern range, choosing the pink and green fabrics which has given the bag a very summery look.

I added a pocket, after I got the lining in, that was awkward! There's no direction for a pocket, but it's useful, I think for mobile phone, keys etc.

The bag was pretty straightforward to make. I was a bit unsure how the side opening was going to work from the reverse, but when turned right side out, it was all perfect! Thank you Anna Maria!

With all my excess fabric, I'm working out quilt, based on Amy Butler's brick path one. Again decisions, decisions in layout!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your bag looks really summery and cheerful.

Unknown said...

I love that bag and the colours are wonderful .

Gone to Earth said...

It's good to see that bag... I was hoping to make one as my next sewing adventure - it's such a pretty shape. I love the fabric colours you've used too. Did you know that Amy is going to be having a MidWest modern competition? It's on her website.

craftyclaire said...

Thank you for all of your comments. I saw the midwest modern comp via your website! thank you