Thursday 7 January 2010

Quilts by Denise Schmidt Book Review


I was lucky enough to be given these books by various members of my family for Xmas.


This book by Denise Schmidt has got me very very excited to make another quilt (especially after the sad news that Amanda Jean of Crazy Moma quilts is quitting her inspirational blog).
The book has 30 projects, 20 of various small items and 10 large quilts. I could have done with the ratio the other way round, or just quilts only. But that is a minor quibble. As the 10 quilts are superb. They are my taste, exactly and I'd happily make any of them.


What a bunch of squares is exactly that, quite straightforward, but beautifully modern with it.

I'm loving Drunk Love 2, and that is definitely on the cards, 3 tones of 1 colour, looks great together.


Big Zig is very cool. I do love my zig zags!



And this Snake Charmer quilt, is what I'll probably be making next for my eldest son. As he would love a quilt for himself.

If you like contemporary quilts then Denise's book may be your thing! Gets a 10/10 from me!

2 comments:

Gill said...

thanks for this review - this book has been on my wish list for a while!
gill

craftyclaire said...

My pleasure. I think the quilts are fab, just wish there were more of them !