Friday 13 March 2009

Red Nose Day 09

Do Something Funny For Money!

Today is Red Nose Day 09 (they are every 2 years) and raise £££s for charities in the UK and Africa.
It certainly is a great cause. I have made a cake sale for my husband's office, I made 4 cakes:

The Curly Whirly Chocolate Cake from Konditor and Cook's website (in the Telegraph article) - this is super indulgent and very very delicious. A fabulous celebration cake, especially if you decorate it with melted chocolate swirls, like they and I do!

A Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting (from Exceptional Cakes by Baker and Spice AKA Dan Lepard) - I've never made this before, but it looked good when it came out and smelt nice, so hopefully it'll taste delicious.

A Victoria Sponge (with raspberry jam filling) from Nigella Lawson's How to Eat, this is a very light and airy sponge, and easy to make to boot as well! You could put whipped double cream in it to really jazz it up!
A Luscious Lemon Cake (in a loaf tin), which is moist and sticky and very yummy. I'm a big fan of lemon in desserts and cakes!

I don't know about you but often I'm disappointed by chocolate.

Anyway a grand total of 45 slices of cake are to be sold and eaten for charity - can't be bad! I'm hoping at least £45 is made, if not more!

The children have their red noses and are wearing red, as am I (top). My eldest son's school are having a funny hair day, but he refused to have his hair touched!!!

Anyway, whatever you are doing, have a great day and weekend.

No comments: