Monday 29 June 2009

Glastonbury

Ok, I wasn't there, but I watched a load of it, over the weekend, and it looked like a brilliant year to have gone. For once, sunshine! And more importantly AMAZING bands. I have been to quite a few festivals, and the worst aspect, for me, is the porta loos and basic hygiene.


I would have loved to have seen Blur, one of my favourite bands, ever since they launched There's No Other Way back in 1991! It was a complete nostalgia trip for me, back to my teenage years, doc martins, and indie music that reigned supreme!


Plus, what I love, is seeing new, upcoming bands. Loads of girls, including Florence and the Machine, La Roux, VV Brown and the ever fabulous Ting Tings. And on a nostalgia trip (depending your age and taste, Madness, The Specials, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Young, Status Quo, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Jones) Can't say all of those were for me!

Just heard this band on Steve Lamacq's R1 show. Sounded pretty good.
If you are outside the UK, you may not be able to view the video. Apols for that.

2 comments:

MrsB said...

Hey, I was at Glastonbury, Blur was brilliant - by far the highlight of the weekend! It was really great fun but I am soooo happy to be back with a clean smelling loo and shower :) x

craftyclaire said...

You lucky lady! I know from experience, how nice it is to have your own bathroom back again!